Happy National Dog Day 2016! If you have a puppy and want to share the love on social media, be sure to use hashtag #NationalDogDay
I have loved and supported Best Friends Animal Society for a while now. I am happy to report that great things are coming from them in the near future.
September 1st Hallmark stores will be stocked with adorable plush animals and a wonderful storybook which were created in celebration of the partnership between Hallmark Gold Crown and Best Friends Animal Society! These soft plush dogs will make the perfect gift for the dog lovers you know and love.
Chosen by #LoveHallmark to receive a box filled with these new items to review, I’m excited to share with all of you. My dog Reba was part of the unboxing process. Sadly, she was not as impressed as I was except when I held a snack in my hands. I tried persuade her to take a picture with me and the new gifts I received.
What’s in the box?
- Brown and Black Service Dog Stuffed Animal: Known for his strength, intelligence and trainability, this service dog is the preferred breed for police and military functions, as well as family protector.
- Devoted Golden Dog Stuffed Animal: As a trainable, gentle dog, this adorable golden pup also gets major points for being friendly, playful, loyal and cute!
- Wrinkly Toy Dog Stuffed Animal: With an adorably wrinkled mug, muscled body and curly tail, this captivating puppy is ready to become man’s best stuffed friend.
- Long-haired Terrier Stuffed Animal: Light as a feather, this long-haired pup can fit easily in your bag or crook of your arm, making it the perfect grab-and-go companion.
- Let’s Get A Pet! Storybook: Meet some sweet four-legged friends who are waiting for the most special gift ever—a new home! This storybook takes a playful tour through the most popular dog and cat breeds and includes a space at the end for readers to record which pet they chose and what name they’d like to give their new four-legged friend.
If your children have been asking for a pet, this book is so sweet and delightful – I highly recommend it. The illustrations are whimsical, and the story is great for children of all ages.
Effective October 1st Atlanta Pet Rescue and Adoption (APRA) will be joining Best Friends Animal Society. Thereafter they will be known as Best Friends – Atlanta. Reba, formerly known as Rainbow, was adopted by my parents from APRA in August 2009. Reba is most affectionately called #RebaTheSpoiledDog and her hashtag can be found all over social media.
We were told the people who had Reba as a baby didn’t realize the amount of responsibility a puppy is. She was handed over to APRA, crooked tail, pitiful look, and all! Reba was immediately picked out by my parents when her picture popped up on the APRA website. Excited to meet her, Reba was adopted to another family before my parents could get there. Reba was returned to APRA because she was not playful. She has been taking over the house as a happy playful dog since the moment she arrived.
Hallmark Gold Crown partners with Best Friends
I love that Best Friends Animal Society partners with rescues around the country to ensure they can help as many pets as possible. They work to re-home pets, provide access to low cost spay and neuter services, and to greatly reduce the number of euthanized pets. Hallmark Gold Crown’s partnership with Best Friends is targeted to finding FUR-ever homes for 2,000 shelter pets over the next two years as well as donating $100,000 to help offset pet adoption fees. Hallmark will also sponsor adoption events. New plush toys, books and a double-feature DVD will be available for the holiday season to help support the initiative.
Don’t let the picture above fool you! Reba is only looking at this adorable plush dog because I have a snack in my hand. Do you have a rescue pet that you adore? I’d love to hear about him/her!
Do you want to win a box of your own?
If you would like to win a box full of Best Friends plush animals and this great book, enter the giveaway below. And, tell me all about your furry friends!